The first “official” day of summer may be June 22nd, but in West Michigan the start of summer really comes after school ends. Then you know a new routine will begin and vacation is ready to begin.
The “Muskegon Summer Wine Up” is a brand new festival for adults to celebrate the real start of summer and created and promoted by Cumulus – Radio Muskegon.
Our plan is to create the inaugural “Muskegon Summer Wine Down” in beautiful Hackley Park. It will be a get together, a celebration, a day of music and fun and a learning opportunity for wine novices and pros alike to try and taste the different varieties of wines created in Michigan, nationally and internationally.
- WHERE: Hackley Park in Downtown Muskegon
- WHEN: Saturday, June 8th, 2019 from 2 pm until 8 pm
- You must be 21 to attend this event. All patrons will have to bring identification proving they are 21 or older.
- Admission will be $15 and include four wine sample tickets.
- The first 800 patrons will receive a souvenir wine glass to be used for tasting. Glass cleaning stations will be available to clean wine glasses.
- Each wine sample will be approximately 1.5 ounces.
- Musical entertainment will be provided but the wine will be the shining star of the day!
- There will be wine symposiums on a variety of subjects related to wine tasting, wine making and wine pairings.
- Not only will we have Michigan Wines, but we will also include regional wines and wines from around the country and world to sample.
- We will offer fun sampling opportunities and even some blind taste testing as part of the fun.
- We are working with Parties in the Park to promote the Muskegon Summer Wine Up. .
- We will also include sparkling wines and seltzers.
- We are working with Parties in the Park to select a charity to serve the wines.
- We will be working with participating wineries and our distributor Alliance Beverage Distributing to organize seminars.